Smaller C++20 Features - My Presentation
In September and October, I had the pleasure of running two meetings about C++20 features for my local Cracow C++ User Group!
Here are the slides and additional comments from the presentation.
Initially I did one presentation using my article on smaller C++ 20 features (20 Smaller yet Handy C++20 Features - C++ Stories). Thanks to many valuable discussions during the talk, we decided to do a split. The first meeting was about language parts, and the second part was about library changes.
While the list of topics is in a similar order as the article, I made a few changes:
- There’s a
constinitslide with more examples instead of the Default Bitfield initializers.
- More examples of various features
- Additional links and references
Here are the slides @Xara:
You can also have a look at my YT channel (the C++ Stories YT channel) and see the shorter version of the presentation (around 1 hour): 20 smaller C++20 features (Improved audio) - YouTube.
Please join our meetup page if you want to hear more from the Cracow User Group.
I've prepared a valuable bonus if you're interested in Modern C++!
Learn all major features of recent C++ Standards!
Check it out here:
- How to Filter Elements - the Talk and Optimizations
- Improving Print Logging with Line Pos Info & Modern C++
- See My Talk: Empty Base Class Optimisation, [[no_unique_address]] and other C++20 Attributes
- How To Use Vocabulary Types from C++17, Presentation
- Let's Talk About String Operations in C++17